Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Body Project

Here's the story. I've gained weight. Too much in my opinion. I've never been one to be 100% happy with my body...but the reality is most people aren't. However, I've always put off doing something about it.

"I'll get skinny when I go to college and I'm out on my own."
"I'll lose weight when I get engaged so I look good for my wedding."
"I'll go to the gym a month before my wedding so I'll really be motivated."
"I'll be healthy when Chris and I move into our own apartment and are too poor to eat out."

The list is endless (and somewhat depressing). I've started and fizzled out on endless different weight loss/get fit programs with no avail...Here I am, heavier than I was in high school (I'm definitely not at a point where I'm comfortable with telling ya'all my weight). If I can't take control now...It probably won't happen. Right now I don't have a job, I don't have kids, I don't have a mortgage or any of those things. So...I dragged my butt to the gym tonight (with the help of my wonderful husband of course) and I worked out. Then I came home and weighed in and took some (scary!) motivating pictures.
Let the Body Project begin.
Here's to the "after" pictures.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. you are freaking awesome. kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you! I find that I'm always in that quandary too...this is motivating! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete