Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
Remember how Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday? Well, this year was the best year yet! Due to a crazy week with work and school (and lots of exams) we celebrated on Saturday the 11.
 I decided to continue my mom & dad's tradition of a Valentine's day themed breakfast. I got a little crazy, but had some fun for sure. I made Chris wait in our room while I fixed breakfast.
Pink + Heartshaped German pancakes
The over-the-top table complete with pink and red heart shaped crazy straws
Breakfast was so fun and I had a blast treating my sweetheart. Unfortunately, I had a pre-scheduled group meeting and had to rush off to at 8am. When I returned, Chris was gone getting his haircut, so I went back to bed. I awoke to a beautiful white rose!

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching "Lost" on Netflix and then got ready to go to dinner at...TEXAS ROADHOUSE! I'm not a huge meat eater, but the rolls and honey butter alone make the trip worth it. It was a really fabulous dinner.
Isn't he handsome?
After dinner we took a walk around the mall to let our stomachs digest our huge, yummy meal. Then, it was back to Rexburg for more "Lost" before bedtime (...we really like Lost). :)
Then, yesterday my present Chris was so mysterious about came in the mail. Behold:

Adorable? Yes. I love that he got my name engraved on the back- I don't have anything with my "new" name on it. I can't wait to take it to the gym with me (no offense, bulky iPod Classic). My husband is so good at presents. I am so spoiled. Thank you honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment