Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Devil's Sperm

"How did you know that Chris really loved you?"
This is a question I get asked fairly often, and for good reason; we went from not knowing each other to engaged in less than 3 months.  I don't have to think very hard to get several examples of how Chris has shown his love for me. Here is one that has been on my mind lately:

We were engaged and living in South Carolina, doing an internship before the wedding. We had spent a weekend at his family's beautiful lake house.

We had a blast! When we got back from our mini vacation, I had an ear ache. I figured it was just some irritation from the lake water, so I administered a home remedy for swimmers ear. It continued to bother me and then, one morning I woke up and my ear had swollen shut. It hurt so bad and I was a weepy mess. Chris took charge. He called my boss and got me off work for the day, called my insurance company and found a clinic we could go to, and drove me to the doctor. They prescribed me some medicine and sent us on our way.
Well, it got a lot worse and I got a lot more hysterical and unreasonable; but Chris continued to be sweet and understanding, and did everything he could for me. One night, I was taking a bubble bath and this little guy fell out of my ear, and begun swimming around in the water.
We named it the devil sperm and Chris rushed me to the ER.
Long story short- It was a lake bug. I was prescribed the same antibiotics as the doctor before gave me- which made me extremely frustrated and increasingly emotional. When all the craziness subsided and I regained control over myself, I realized how lucky I was to have a man who would deal with me when I was so insane; and who would do so lovingly and understandingly, never judging my for my crying fits or unfair demands.
Just one of many ways I know that I married a keeper and am the luckiest girl alive.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh! O My gosh! That is so scary! You are a lucky girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH you had a bug in your ear! that is so freaky! what a great guy to take such good care of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hey
    I gave you one of those nifty blog awards.
    you should check it out(:

    ReplyDelete